Some 5 years after the previous release KDE has made a new release of polkit-qt-1, versioned 0.113.0.
Polkit (formerly PolicyKit) is a component for controlling system-wide privileges in Unix-like operating systems. It provides an organized way for non-privileged processes to communicate with privileged ones. Polkit has an authorization API intended to be used by privileged programs (“MECHANISMS”) offering service to unprivileged programs (“CLIENTS”).
Polkit Qt provides Qt bindings and UI.
This release was done ahead of additions to KIO to support Polkit.
Notable changes since 0.112.0
– Add support for passing details to polkit
– Remove support for Qt4
Thanks to Heiko Becker for his work on this release.
- Bump version for release
- Don’t set version numbers as INT cache entries
- Move cmake_minimum_required to the top of CMakeLists.txt
- Remove support for Qt4
- Remove unneded documentation
- authority: add support for passing details to polkit
- Fix typo in comments
- polkitqtlistener.cpp – pedantic
- Fix build with -DBUILD_TEST=TRUE
- Allow compilation with older polkit versions
- Fix compilation with Qt5.6
- Drop use of deprecated Qt functions REVIEW: 126747
- Add wrapper for polkit_system_bus_name_get_user_sync
- Fix QDBusArgument assertion
- do not use global static systembus instance